Duration : July-August, 08 Days.
Delhi»Hardwar»Valley of Flower»Joshimath-Delhi
Deep in the heart of the Himalayas, is this spectacular 'Valley of Flower'. Many varieties of Himalayan wild flowers bloom here. Post Monsoons, the floor of the valley is covered with a carpet of myriad colours. Perhaps one of the most mystical places in Garhwal. Flowers abound here, and so do legends and tales. This one isn't a folktale though. JOAN MARGARET LEGGE, who fell so madly in love with the valley, wanted to burried there when she died. Her epitaph reads .... " I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills from whence cometh my help."
Day 01: Delhi – Haridwar ( 210Kms / 6 hr)
- Arrive in Delhi, meet and greet with our representative and then drive to Haridwar, on arrival at Haridwar check-in hotel. In the evening, we will take you Har Ki Pouri for Aarti darshan, after Aarti Darshan back to hotel for overnight stay.
Day 02): Haridwar - Joshimath ( 245 kms / 9 hrs )
- After an early breakfast drive to Joshimath via Devprayag. On the way visit Dev prayag where Bhagirathi and Alaknanda rivers meet. From here the holy river Ganges started. Arrival at Joshimath by evening, check into the hotel. Dinner and overnight stay.
Day 03): Joshimath - Govindghat (22 kms /1 hrs ) - Ghangaria (14 kms / 4 hrs )
- After an early breakfast drive to Govindghat. Which is the starting point of the trek. From Govindghat there is a gradual ascent along a well maintained pilgrim trail to Ghangaria. Upon arrival at Ghangria check into hotel. Explore the surroundings in the evening. Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 04): Ghangaria - Valley Of Flowers - Ghangria ( 5 kms / 5 hrs )
- After breakfast trek to Valley Of Flowers from Ghangaria. The valley is an enchanting sight with an impressive array of rare wildflowers like Geranium, Marsh marigold, Prinula, Potentilla, Geum, Asters, Lilium, Ranunculus, Corydalis, Inula, Braham kamal, Campanula, Pedicularis, Arisaema, Morina, Impatiens, Bistorta, The valley is 10 kms long, 2 kms wide, and is divided by the Pushpawati stream, into which several tiny streams and waterfalls merge. After enjoying the beauty of valley trek back to Ghangaria. Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 05): Hemkund-Ghanghria
- After breakfast trek to Hemkund Sahib from Ghangaria. This is quite a steep climb. In the Sikh holy book, The Granth Sahib, the Sikh Guru Gobind Singh recounts that in a previous life, he meditated on the shores of a lake surrounded by seven snowcapped mountains now recognized by Hemkund. Late afternoon trek back to Ghangaria. Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 06): Ghangaria - Govind Ghat - Joshimath
- After breakfast trek down to reach Govind Ghat and from here drive to Joshimath. Upon arrival at Joshimath check into the hotel. Rest of the day is free to explore the area. One can also visit Auli in the evening. Dinner and over night stay at the hotel.
Day 07): Joshimath - Haridwar
- Early morning drive to Haridwar with packed breakfast. On the way visit Rudraprayag where river Mandakini and Alaknanda meet. Lunch enroute. Arrive Haridwar by evening. Check into the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 08): Haridwar – Delhi
- After an early breakfast visit Har ki peri. After lunch drive to Delhi.